Friday, April 3, 2009

Scariest day of my life...On Top of the List....

So all 3 babies were supposed to have tubes placed in their ears today and thier adnoids removed. Supposed to be a simple procedure, 1/2 an hour a piece and we were supposed to head home. Well...... of course things do NOT go that way with the Masterclan! Colten goes in first and everything goes great, in and out. Then Cami goes in................ time goes by...... Dr. comes out...procedure went fine, just waiting for him to come out of anesthesia.......... hour goes by........... Can he really be in recovery this long????? More time......... Dr. comes and says Cami is not breathing on his own........... His eyes are open but unable to breath in own. They are keeping him in surgery room and will come and get us when he is breathing on his own. Don't worry. Some kids take longer then others.......... Another hour. By this time I am having complete anxiety attacks and the tears are flowing. Where are the Dr.'s and why isn't anyone coming to tell me what is going on. Why isn't Cam in recovery? Thoughts are racing! More tears flowing. Finally I am asked to come back to recovery. Camden is breathing but his heart is racing and his breathing is erratic. Horrible sight. Blood around his mouth. Iv pops out when he sees me because he swings his hands. Pure terror in his face. Pure terror in my heart. His oxygen levels stink and he is gurgling and choking! Can't handle this! Not my sweet Camden. But thankful he is awake. Still scared but I am able to breath. Trying to send Camden every breath I take. Finally he recovers........... 6 hours after surgery began. Will I ever recover? Doubt it! I am in this for life! So thankful for my blessing. Thank you God!

4 comments:

The Carney's said...

Oh no! This is just absolutely terrifying. I cannot even imagine what you must have gone through! I am sooo glad to hear that Camden is fine now! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
Savvy

Mike and Dee said...

OMG!! That broght tears to my eyes reading this and thinking of how you felt. I'm glad things appear to be better now for you.

Stephanie said...

Holy shit! I am so glad I read this after the fact!!! So scary! I remember when Jadon had heart suregry. I was fine until after the surgery when the Dr. comes in and tells me they were pacing his heart and may need to go home with a pace maker at 10 months old. Hun, I am so glad he is okay! We need to catch up, too much going on!

Betweendiapers said...

How scary! So sorry you had to go through that with Camden and happy that he's ok.